A unique fair
JTSE is the unique fair in France dedicated to the sphere of stage equipment and new show technologies.
It represents all the sectors of the profession and attracts more and more new French and foreign companies every year.
SOME KEY FIGURES IN 2019
- The 23rd edition of JTSE welcomed 6.783 visitors, 464 of them foreigners (7%).
- 2935 persons visited the Dock Eiffel dedicated to lighting, and 2869 the audio training space.
- The overall number of visitors increased by more than 10% compared to last year, which shows that 2019 was an excellent year.
- Set designers, project managers
- Stage equipment companies
- Design consultants, integrators
- National Theatres (technical direction)
- National stages (technical direction)
- Halls, places or emblematic companies (technical direction)
- Schools, vocational training establishments
- Private Theatres
- Service providers
- Foreign visitors
VISITORS FROM FRANCE
The greatest part of JTSE 2019 French visitors comes from the region Ile de France (suburb of Paris) – 59,2%, 29,7% of them from Paris. However, we can see that the totality of the 13 regions of France and overseas departments are represented which confirms our position as the first fair specialized in technics of show and stage equipment in France.
VISITORS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES
This year JTSE welcomed 464 visitors mainly from European countries but also from the whole world. The greatest part comes from Belgium (22%), Germany (14%), Italy and Swiss (9%). Moreover, JTSE attracts also visitors who come from the whole world, from African countries, the United States of America, Canada, but also from Asia.
From year to year JTSE event is growing at a larger scale and confirms its position as an international inescapable meeting of the whole profession.
- Audio, machinery and lighting sectors are obviously predominant.
- New development projects per sector are: video, network, disabled access.
- In 2019 we welcomed 139 exhibitors, 30 of them foreign companies (21,5%).
In 2019 13 conferences or round tables were organized in 3 thematic spaces:
- L’AS space: audio, lighting, video, architecture/set design/ machinery, professional life; among different topics were video mapping, tracking, 3D In-Air monitors
- SNELAC space: (National Syndicate for Attractions and Leisure and Cultural Spaces): this syndicate organized conferences about specific themes such as leisure and attraction parks regarding the production, security, set design…
- Laboratory of Art and Technology space: topics about new technologies used in live entertainment (mixed reality, immersive dome, etc.)
For our conferences we always receive high-level speakers from France
or other countries. This year our speakers were:Jacques Ayrault, Technical Director, Théâtre du Châtelet ;
- Frédéric Bevilacqua, IRCAM
- Pascal Jorand, Technical Director, Parc Astérix
- Damien Botton, Deputy Director, Parc du Puy du Fou
- François Deffarges, Technical support director and development strategies, NEXO
- Éric Moutot, Sonomag
- Marc Piéra, Director of the Sound department, Théâtre National de Chaillot
- Yannick Kohn, founder and CEO, Modulo Pi
- Pierre-Yves Toulot, founder and CEO, COSMO AV.